For those who want to work with a music video enjoying within the background or watch your favorite sports activities crew whereas perusing social media, or perhaps when you merely like doing two things directly, picture-in-picture (PiP) could be actually helpful. It permits you to pin a small window exhibiting a video inside a bigger window on your laptop or TV display.
The function has labored mechanically for sure video apps on iOS for a while now, however, for those who’re utilizing a Mac and Apple’s Safari browser, you may simply arrange PiP for a YouTube video on macOS as effectively. The following pointers are courtesy of a great tweet by Ricky Mondello.
Proper click on twice on the YouTube Video. The primary click on will get you a menu that permits you to copy the URL of the video, embed the code or do different YouTube-associated duties. The second click on will get you a more conventional menu.
PiP using your keyboard
- Click on “Enter Picture in Picture.” Your video will shrink all the way down to a lot of smaller dimensions.
- Open a brand new tab in your browser (or a number of, in order for you) and go to a different website — or you’ll be able to go away the browser totally. The video will preserve taking part in.
- To regulate the video, hover your cursor over the video. You possibly can pause and restart it, take it out of PiP mode, or shut the window solely.
- To maneuver the small video window around, you possibly can press down with one finger in your touchpad and use the opposite finger to maneuver the window around your display. Should you’re utilizing a mouse, then use the Command key.
There are a several different methods you can begin PiP.
- Whereas your video is taking part in, proper click on the quantity icon within the tab; the menu will embrace the “Enter Image in Image” command. (You won’t see the quantity icon if you happen to pause the video.)
- When you have a Contact Bar, use the PiP icon (it appears like a small stuffed-in rectangle over a bigger clear rectangle)